Sports fans – A+ Federal Credit Union is sponsoring an Athlete of the Month program this year for Central Texas schools in the VNN network.
You have the chance to vote for who you think had standout performances for August; Click here to VOTE NOW:
Therence Soto (Football); San Marcos
- Newcomer of Year in District 14-6A in 2017
- Regional Finalist Power Lifting 2017
- 3.5 GPA
Shyeann Lampkin (Volleyball); San Marcos
- Shyeann is a 3 year varsity starter for San Marcos High School and is off to a strong start her senior season. Three weeks into the season, She is leading the Lady Rattlers with 229 kills, .439 kill average and 44 blocks. She has also contributed 18 aces and 74 digs. The best thing about Shyeann is that she has a positive attitude and always gives 100% effort. On August 18, she was selected All-Tournament at the BISD Classic for her outstanding perform during the 3 day varsity tournament.
Charles Wright (Football); Austin High School
- 6 Total touchdowns in game against Lehman High School (3 passing, 3 rushing)
Garrett Worden (Football); Academy High School
- Was having a great game against Rogers when he broke his ankle. Has continued to support his teammate
Alina Simon (Cross Country): Ellison High School
This season Alina Simon has medaled in all of the cross country meets so far (total of 6) and lead her team to a first place finish at the Waco Cross Country Invitational. This season, her fastest time in the in the 3-mile race is a (19:20). She is the definition of a student athlete, works hard at practice, and is a positive role model for younger athletes in the team. She was a state regional qualifier last year and is working hard towards qualifying to the state meet this year.